Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Just replaced my 07' Focus with 14' Fiesta

City
Fenton
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium (hatch)
Hello, I recently purchased a 2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium with ~120,000 on a whim and let go of my 2007 Focus with ~220,000. I'm pretty sure the Focus could have made it to 300,000, but suspension was getting a little noisy... After a short time in the Fiesta I was finding it very difficult to shift and now have the car pretty ripped apart in the process of replacing the clutch, slave cylinder, and master cylinder, amongst other numerous parts that look like they might need replacing.

Attachments

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome to the forum! You will find the Fiesta no more difficult to work on than the Focus. And the suspension of the Fiesta is easier to service, with the added bonus of not having the front control arm "death by rust" issue!
I see you are in the Fenton area. I used to ice race with your local Ford dealer! Phil Lasco was very active in the SCCA back in the nineties.
Do you have plans for your Fiesta or is it going to be a daily use ride?

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Welcome!

Thanks for sharing this, sorry to see the vehicle needs some TLC - but the body seems to be in very good shape for being 120,000 Miles and as a 2014.

Hope you can resolve the issues and get that back up and running soon!

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Welcome, aboard!

Spock

If your shifter lever feels like you're trying to stir concrete, especially after driving for a while, pull the black cover off the box on the lower front of the transmission and remove that bellcrank or walking beam or whatever they call it that the shifter cables are attached to, clean the bore and the metal pin, lube with SilGlyde or similar, and put it back together. I've had to do that a couple of times on my 2012 SE.