Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Intro and question

Hi guys. I must confess I'm not a Focus owner, however I am posting for a friend who's not computer savvy.

He's got a 2016 Focus, basic model with the 2.0 and auto shift manual trans, if that's how you say it. He put an engine in it himself and now has a significant vibration at idle. I asked him which flywheel he used and he said the engine now sitting in the car does not have the flywheel that came with it. In other words, the flywheel now in his car came with that car, not the engine now sitting in it. And he did say the holes in each flywheel were different.

Think this is his vibration? Are they balanced on the engine at the factory?

Thanks guys.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
I think you may have misunderstood. I think the problem is related to the flywheel being incorrect. Are these flywheels balance matched to the engine on the assembly line?

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
I think you may have misunderstood. I think the problem is related to the flywheel being incorrect. Are these flywheels balance matched to the engine on the assembly line?
Yes they are balanced at the factory.

OP
A
Thread Starter #7
It's not "manual" as in stick shift, so I reckon it's automatic. I know it still has a internal clutch or sorts and is different than a true automatic, just wasn't familiar with the term.

It's not "manual" as in stick shift, so I reckon it's automatic. I know it still has a internal clutch or sorts and is different than a true automatic, just wasn't familiar with the term.
Sounds like your friend has the DCT transmission. There are a lot of issues with vibrations and jerkiness. Like I said before check the site to see if its part of the recall.