Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Idle

Ford Focus 2003 1.6 with an zetec se engine have a Idle issue on tick over the Idle moves up and down in Idle I've cleaned out the Idle valve twice and changed just after as it would Idle lovely until it was reved and now have idea idea what else it could be any ideas? Thanks for the help if anyone can as this forum seems empty.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
When it's hot it's just as bad as when it's cold if it's just turned on its fine for few seconds then starts to idle rough again put foot on throttle it sits where you put your foot. Yes just any revs and it's rough idle straight away more or less. When ever I move the power steering it also does it then idle goes low because you can feel the vechile vibrating from the low rpm. Also is there ment to be a like click noise from a electronic component from the rear? Also does it when the click happens not sure what to could be?

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
No, where is it on the 1.6 16v? Isn't it hiding behind the manifold? Do you have to take things of to get to it?

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
Doesn't have one there the vechile engine bay looks like this one not sure where it is, does have one right?

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
How long have you own this car? Recent purchase?

OP
M
Thread Starter #11
How long have you own this car? Recent purchase?
This isn't a picture of the car Engine but it looks the same the person who owns it has owned it for about a year now and the issue and been becoming more prominent over time, it's a 2003 1.6

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
This isn't a picture of the car Engine but it looks the same the person who owns it has owned it for about a year now and the issue and been becoming more prominent over time, it's a 2003 1.6

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS

Can you post a picture of the actual engine?

Well just did some reading on a european site and they said basically the zetec 1.6 doesnt have a MAF sensor only a MAP sensor and as far as I could figure out it is that sensor in your third picture. Definitely a strange situation haha but be sure to also check your spark plugs, wires and any other basic maintenance that may need to be done. Hopefully that'll sort out any other issues you may be having.

OP
M
Thread Starter #18
Well just did some reading on a european site and they said basically the zetec 1.6 doesnt have a MAF sensor only a MAP sensor and as far as I could figure out it is that sensor in your third picture. Definitely a strange situation haha but be sure to also check your spark plugs, wires and any other basic maintenance that may need to be done. Hopefully that'll sort out any other issues you may be having.
Thank you I will do them as soon as possible