Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Hello! New to forum, 2nd time fiesta owner.

City
lawrenceville
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hatchback, w/ manual
Hello, I currently drive a manual 2011 fiesta SE hatchback which I just got the other day. Before I had a 2015 SE sedan that I ended up totaling. I loved the way the fiesta feels so much I got another one and I am more than happy. It handles great and shifts smoothly. I do miss my eco boost in 2015 though, I didn't have much to compare to what effect it had on the car until I drove one without. I miss the little BOV sound, the extra torque up at redline, etc. Regardless I still love my new car, and having the nice blue instead of silver is a plus too! Not sure how often, if any I will post here but I felt like making an account after reading some of the posts.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome to the forums. Just browse over the threads that interest you. Feel free to post questions. We have a growing community of knowledgeable members. And a few people who are just fans of the Fiesta.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Hello, I currently drive a manual 2011 fiesta SE hatchback which I just got the other day. Before I had a 2015 SE sedan that I ended up totaling. I loved the way the fiesta feels so much I got another one and I am more than happy. It handles great and shifts smoothly. I do miss my eco boost in 2015 though, I didn't have much to compare to what effect it had on the car until I drove one without. I miss the little BOV sound, the extra torque up at redline, etc. Regardless I still love my new car, and having the nice blue instead of silver is a plus too! Not sure how often, if any I will post here but I felt like making an account after reading some of the posts.
Welcome!!!

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Sorry for the loss of your Favorite car, I know the feeling...

Been down that road a few times and lived to tell, see, another day.

Welcome!

Enjoy your stay!

OP
C
City
lawrenceville
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Thank you for the warm welcome! I really like your build LionsTooth!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello Cringe, could you tell us how you came about getting your Ecoboost Fiesta? The first one. They were quite uncommon. I have met only four people who bought one. Three had read about it and then special ordered it. And one who bought it because it was a manual transmission car and didn't even consider what engine it had.
Was it something of adventure to even aquire the 1.0 Ecoboost?

OP
C
City
lawrenceville
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
Hello Cringe, could you tell us how you came about getting your Ecoboost Fiesta? The first one. They were quite uncommon. I have met only four people who bought one. Three had read about it and then special ordered it. And one who bought it because it was a manual transmission car and didn't even consider what engine it had.
Was it something of adventure to even aquire the 1.0 Ecoboost?
My mom did most of the looking, I think when she saw it, it was up for a day maybe? the only thing I was looking for originally was that it was a manual with less than 100k miles, it was around 7k with 75k miles so my mom bought it before she could even call me. I had no idea eco boosts were so hard to find. I can talk to her later about where she found it exactly. We were looking for maybe 3 or 4 weeks but I had no idea how nice the fiesta was before I bought it. That just makes me more sad it's gone knowing how rare it was :(

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
They are very uncommon. So, she wasn't looking for an Ecoboost fiesta. She was looking for a manual transmission fiesta!
That's why I am asking. The way buyers found the various versions of this car always seems to have a convoluted twist in the telling.
Feel free to post about your current Fiesta. There are several members here that are doing little upgrades to their cars that expand on it's functionality for daily and recreational uses. Four buck a gallon gasoline is not going to stop us from doing our summer road tripping.

Last edited:
OP
C
City
lawrenceville
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #9
They are very uncommon. So, she wasn't looking for an Ecoboost fiesta. She was looking for a manual transmission fiesta!
That's why I am asking. The way buyers found the various versions of this car always seems to have a convoluted twist in the telling.
She wasn't even looking for a fiesta! Not even a Ford at that! Just ended up checking all of our boxes so we got it

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
The ecoboost is a rare specimen. They didn't sell well (though they should have), so they stopped making them after just a few years. It was an extra cost option available only with a manual, and Americans generally don't want manuals.