Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Heater Core MK7 Fiesta - Manual Climate Control

Ashlan

City
Durban
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta 1.4i Titanium
Hi All

My heater core/matrix might be clogged, I'm not getting any heat in the cabin and i'm getting poor circulation.

Does anyone know of a way to remove the heater core without removing the entire dash?

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
No heat at all?
If you're getting some circulation, change your cabin air filter. They get dirty fast.
I haven't heard of any heater core problems with these cars, but it is 10 years old. It might be clogged.
I'm pretty sure you'll have to tear the dash apart to get to it.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
IF you haven't investigated already, the Cabin Air Filter - can get plugged,

Tree leaves and Nuts
, 1632431983177.png
Bird nests,
1632432097305.png
Mice and or Rats
, 1632432204038.png
Squirrels
1632432334737.png
Pollen
, 1632432448900.png
Volcanic Eruption
s 1632432564343.png
Heck - even following an old 1976 AMC Pacer
r 1632432914359.png

can plug up the Cabin air Filter FAST with particulates from these hazards and more - lessening it's ability to even suck air in...

So this Video - it may help...

Minor disassembly is required, keep track of all the hardware and where it goes and take pictures if needed - and reassemble once the air filter is been changed - or if you don't really care and just want to breathe air - the filter can be left out until you can get to a place to refit replace it as needed.

The Tools I needed to do my 2018 are a simple Phillips head - small fat blade screwdriver and a Torx #15 to remove the Torx screws to get at and remove the cleaner "holster" - once you got that cover off, remember if it's filter is REALLY Plugged, you might have to remove the outer windshield wiper cowl assembly to remove enough of the debris to free up the filter to get it out - not fun.

Last edited: