Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Headlights won’t turn on.

Langer

What I Drive
2012 Focus Hatchback SE
Hey all, I installed LED headlights into my 2012 focus hatchback and am having some problems. It seemed they had a problem “igniting”, for lack of a better word, as they would not turn on for the auto-on feature of the switch, but if I rotated back and forth a few times from auto to on, they would turn on. This only worked for a bit before not working at all. I removed them and tried replacing with the standard bulbs, and am now not getting anything from the headlights (switch on or auto) for the standard bulbs. I tried checking fuses listed in the manual but haven’t had any luck. Is there a relay I’m missing? Something else? Thanks in advanced.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Which LED kit did you get and was it plug-and-play?

OP
L

Langer

What I Drive
2012 Focus Hatchback SE
Thread Starter #3
JDM Astar H11, yes they were plug and play.

OP
L

Langer

What I Drive
2012 Focus Hatchback SE
Thread Starter #5
It’s not that the kit is defective or not, it’s that now my headlights don’t turn on even with standard bulbs. No fuses are blown, I’m not getting the voltage to the bulb socket. Is there some relay I’m not seeing in the manual that could be causing this?

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
You may want to check the connection at the switch in case something gave out there. If you checked the fuses and they look good, try replacing again just in case (sometimes they look good, but have a hairline split you can not see). If all is good, take a look at the link, it discusses looking at the BCM unit and/ or replacing it. It also includes a writing diagram in case one of the wires burnt out.

Good luck...

https://www.justanswer.com/ford/axm9n-2012-ford-focus-headlight-replaced-doesnt-work-no.html

OP
L

Langer

What I Drive
2012 Focus Hatchback SE
Thread Starter #7
You may want to check the connection at the switch in case something gave out there. If you checked the fuses and they look good, try replacing again just in case (sometimes they look good, but have a hairline split you can not see). If all is good, take a look at the link, it discusses looking at the BCM unit and/ or replacing it. It also includes a writing diagram in case one of the wires burnt out.

Good luck...

https://www.justanswer.com/ford/axm9n-2012-ford-focus-headlight-replaced-doesnt-work-no.html
Awesome, thanks!