City
Amarillo
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 EDGE TITANIUM
We bought a new 2021 Edge Titanium 2.0 Ecoboost. My 4th Edge since 2013. Had a 2013, a 2015, a 2018, and now the 2021. Great little cars. Have had ZERO problems or incidents with the first three! Not, the 2021! It is in the shop being totally disassembled trying to find out what went wrong! It began making very LOUD ticking, clanking, banging sound coming from the High Pressure Fuel Pump sitting on top of the exhaust cam cover on the driver's side of the engine. Engine was running fine, not misfiring, or stumbling on acceleration. Just the sound it made trying to immitate a John Deere thrashing machine.???

We took it to the Ford dealership where we bought it, and got to see the customer representative. I tried to explain to him what the trouble was. He listened to me, but had no comment on anything only mumbling "uh-huh" to everything I said. I tried to tell him what was happenng to my NEW Ford. My wonderful wife, who's car this actually is, had recorded a video of the car's behavior, and offered to show it to him. "Uh-huh" was his responce. She looked up the video, and turned on the sound. He gasped, then he managed to utter, "WHAT IS THAT?" I had no further problem in getting his attention to get my car attended to.

It is now going on two weeks, and the only word from the dealership mechanics are, "We removed the fuel pump, and the cam cover", and "We are disassembling the engine now, because Ford told us to try to determine what went wrong!" That's ALL I know. We tried to get a "loaner" car to use while our new on sits there. They have done this before when we took the OTHER Edges in for service. NOT NOW! Ain't got no "loners"! Maybe your can rent a car? Heck, even Hertz has no cars to rent. My Extended Warranty has provisions for rental if required, but there are no to be had. I wanted to say, "There are a bunch of NEW F-150's sitting right there"! Can't I have one? Nope!

Well, so now we wait. No car, but still have the payments, and obviouly no solution in sight. Someone suggested maybe a new engine to go with our new car! I wish.

Sorry to chew your ears, but this is frustrating! :mad:

Oldveteran

City
Humboldt
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
I understand your frustration. FORD, however seems to "think" that they need to know everything every-time a wrench is turned. IMO, I believe if they can document each and every move, they might be able to find any/all problems, and make their product better.

HOWEVER, I also believe that a vehicle with that small number of miles on it, should have a loaner vehicle provided to the buyer. Have you contacted FORD directly? There use to be money available, for customer satisfaction, (I forget what it is/was called), to help people out.

I personally would throw a fit to FORD with the following complaints: 1) Car payment, vs no car, 2) NO LOANER vehicle for however much time you've been without !!

One last note. DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G concerning this whole deal. Do it while its fresh in your mind. Include names, dates, time of day, conversations as accurately, word for word!!

Good Luck !!!!!!!!

OP
OldVeteran

OldVeteran

City
Amarillo
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 EDGE TITANIUM
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Blue Ghost S.

I just sent out another post detailing the latest incarnation of the event I am going through. Your comments are greatly appreciated and needed.

Oldveteran

City
Humboldt
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
You are welcome !! Hopefully FORD gets their head out of their ***, and gives you some relief/assistance.

City
Janesville
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
19' Edge SEL
It's been a year and any relief from Ford? Lemon Law? Have a new vehicle?