Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Any way to tilt the Recaro headrests back?

S

ST_Rocky

Anyone else bothered by the headrest tilted too far forward on the Recaro seats? If so, anyone find a fix for this?

Makes it a pain to have the seat up where I want it, but have my head tilted forward by it. Not to mention, if wearing a helmet at an event.

I heard mention somewhere, of trying reversing the headrests, but so far it won't come off, and don't look like it will fit right either.

Thanks!

OP
D

Dane.0

Thread Starter #2
Tilting Head Restraints (If Equipped)
The front head restraints may have a tilting
feature for extra comfort. To tilt the head
restraint, do the following:

1. Adjust the seat back to an upright
driving or riding position.
2. Pivot the head restraint forward toward
your head to the desired position.
After the head restraint reaches the
forward-most tilt position, pivot it forward
again to release it to the rearward, un-tilted
position.

OP
S

ST_Rocky

Thread Starter #3
Tilting Head Restraints (If Equipped)
The front head restraints may have a tilting
feature for extra comfort. To tilt the head
restraint, do the following:

1. Adjust the seat back to an upright
driving or riding position.
2. Pivot the head restraint forward toward
your head to the desired position.
After the head restraint reaches the
forward-most tilt position, pivot it forward
again to release it to the rearward, un-tilted
position.
If only! But nope. No adjustments at all on the Recaro headrests, except up and down.

Would love to try reversing them around, but they don't seem to come off either. And yes, I pressed the side button for height adjustment, and it does not come off. Will be hell when wearing a helmet during track events.

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #4
Sometimes there is a second button on the seat where the headrest post comes thru under the material on the non button post you need to release.. I don't have mine yet so it is just a guess based on what we had to do with my Mustang and you had to remove the rest and bend the rails a smidge to correct this feature... lol

Last edited:
OP
S

Sekred

Thread Starter #5
Sometimes there is a second button on the seat where the headreast opst comes thru under the material on the non button post you need to release.. I don't have mine yet so it is just a guess based on what we had to do with my Mustang and you had to remove the rest and bend the rails a smidge to correct this feature... lol
rodmoe is right, there is a second button that you need to push in opposite the normal adjustment. Its a bit fiddly to operate because it is very small, but if you persist, the headrest comes out of the seat.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
rodmoe is right, there is a second button that you need to push in opposite the normal adjustment. Its a bit fiddly to operate because it is very small, but if you persist, the headrest comes out of the seat.
....I realize this may be a Zombie thread but while searching for seatcovers - I came across this article - so to help others with their headrest removal, here's a later update with photos to help demonstrate...

1679795906185.png

Here's an example - to help remove the OEM headrests, Ford Fiesta 2018...4-door Hatchback (or 5-door HB)

Recline the seat back towards the rear for better room to remove the headrest...

First - lift the headrest to full height - Passenger side shown

1679792140325.png

To do that, press in button you see orange arrow....

1679792343776.png
Lift the headrest...all the way up until it stops...
It may help to count the notches...

1679792454374.png

Go to the opposite side...
and locate tab...
1679792670789.png

Then locate a Philips head tool - like a bit for a variable speed drill for deck screws - something pointy - but not too pointy...

Press that smaller tab in...
1679792802527.png
Keep the pressure on that tab and using other hand and your arm / wrist...
Continue to apply pressure and push in other side tab to release the posts as a pair
and lift upwards...
1679793048118.png
This helps release the opposite post from it's last notch
Continue to lift up - and you'll know why you had to tilt the seat backrest back...
1679793142621.png
The arms are pretty long.​

There ya' go!

To reinstall, just do the opposite - tilt seat back, just align the freed headrest to it's forward position, align the poles to the holes, then push in the poles to seat the headrest - evenly - and then you're done!

Now, you can reverse the headrest to the outward curve part in towards the front, but you have little ability to adjust - for the notches that hold the rest in vertical position, won't work well - they are reversed.

Last edited: