Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Android unit on fiesta mk7

axorazor

City
Napoli
State
Non-US
Country
Italy
What I Drive
Fiesta
Hello everyone,
I would like to install an android car radio in my 2012 fiesta, not so much for having the color display, the touchscreen or the possibility of seeing videos but to change the main unit and have better sound (I have installed quality speakers, I have soundproofed the doors and installed an amplifier, but there is a background noise, which also increases with the engine revs and having tried with 2 different amplifiers I have to assume that it is the fault of the car's main unit).
The problem is that Chinese sellers are not very clear about compatibility; for the fiesta from 2013 onwards there should be no problem, but I have a 2012.
I would like to keep the vehicle information messages (such as for open doors or climate controls), I would also like the steering wheel and fascia dashboard controls to work; if it could also work the bluetooth would be great! (I have a sony car radio, the one with black fascia, with usb and bluetooth, no synch).
Among the various I contacted is Witson, but they were unclear and contradictory about compatibility; one employee told me that it is compatible, another told me that it is not compatible.
is there someone here on the forum that can help me, maybe someone who has more information or who has installed one?
Thanks

Attachments

Last edited: