Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2011 ford focus se tcm probelms

krazyfast

City
vancouver
State
MA
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 ford focus se
HI all new here ! wave ! \
anyways 2011 ford focus se
some water got up and made the tcm start acting up at first it would just stall out and send a warning on dash saying transmission fault service now
so i got a new tcm for it put it in and getting a fault saying electoral . so i dugg around and its saying i need to program my new tcm to my fob?
this where im stumped short of taking it to a dealer which is gunna be a tow there and maybe back and 150$ an hour and who knows how many hours later.
i been looking for someone to come out and do it thru craigslist no luck
my question is has anyone encountered this problem and if so how do i solve it lol
thanks in advance for any help offered !

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
I had TCM issue and only the dealer could fix it. From other mechanics, the dealer only has the upgraded TCM (not the ebay ones) that would work. They are also the only ones that can supposedly program them. Limped the car to them and it was done in like 20 minutes. Thankfully it was covered under the extended transmission warranty - it was my 2013, and happens earlier this year.

OP
K

krazyfast

City
vancouver
State
MA
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 ford focus se
Thread Starter #3
thanks for reply i got the car in a trade from a friend and no warranty :( here its 150 an hour so a bit worried if its a transmission failure its just not worth the money since these cars are currenlty worth 4ooo tops in our market in vancouver canada